I live in Ottawa, Canada, where winter seems to go on forever! Don’t get me wrong- I do love a cold, crisp winter morning walk with our chocolate lab Marley in our back woods. And this year we were out in the Canadian Rockies for our son’s wedding and “winter” was truly spectacular!
But I also love to garden, and all the seed catalogues are coming my way so I am getting restless with all this snow! So for the next 29 days- I will be posting a different card each day to remind us that Spring is indeed on the way! I know that where I live it is a slow process- we have tons of snow and it will be late May before we can plant. But I also know that in a month or two- the daffodil bulbs I planted in the fall will be poking their heads up through the snow capped soil to remind me that there are warmer days ahead!
This card makes me think about Spring because of the cute little flowers and the beautiful floral designer series paper. I absolutely love the So Sentimental Bundle- the dies are so versatile and the sentiments are ones I know I will use often. And the price point is perfect- 10% off for the bundle- AND it qualifies for a Sale-A-Bration item! WIN-WIN!
- Card base- poppy parade cardstock cut at 5 1/4″ x 5 1/2″- scored at 4 1/4″
- Designer Series Paper 4 x 5 1/4″
- Die cut a scalloped strip from whisper white cardstock and adhere to inside of fold using liquid glue
- Adhere designer series paper to inside of fold behind scallop strip
- Die cut larger die from vellum
- Die cut smaller die from whisper white cardstock
- Stamp greeting with poppy parade ink
- Punch out several flowers from vellum, petal pink and poppy parade cardstock using the blossoms punch
- Punch out leaves using the leaf punch
- Arrange flowers and leaves using glue dots
- Use dimensionals to pop up the vellum- add whisper white piece on top
September Host CODE: VM2EDSJR